6.0 motor and transmission are in!!! - NOW A STICKY

A

Anonymous

i found your post over on Ls1tech.
i will have to say sweeeeet!
i have a 68 camaro that i am doing the 6.0 swap in and i am doing all hooker stuff,motor plates and headers.
i will have to say good job on making it a fairly cost effective swap,you would have done real good if you hadnt had to buy another set of headers.
the MS4 cam how is it on vacuum"brakes"?
was you able to run stock length rods after the mill work on the heads?
ps i would like to here the motor being that its carbed, i was looking at the same cam or the G5X3 from LGmotorsports on a 112.
thanks
Ed

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
mred said:
i found your post over on Ls1tech.
i will have to say sweeeeet!
i have a 68 camaro that i am doing the 6.0 swap in and i am doing all hooker stuff,motor plates and headers.
i will have to say good job on making it a fairly cost effective swap,you would have done real good if you hadnt had to buy another set of headers.
the MS4 cam how is it on vacuum"brakes"?
was you able to run stock length rods after the mill work on the heads?
ps i would like to here the motor being that its carbed, i was looking at the same cam or the G5X3 from LGmotorsports on a 112.
thanks
Ed

yes everything is still stock, rods, pistons etc...I've had several small block chevy motors with aftermarket camshafts and this ms4 isnt any worse than any other ive had...I have the g5x3 in my 02 ta, you won't be disappointed with either...my ms4 is on a 110, g5x3 112...

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
slim69 said:
good lookin car and the swap looks good too cant wait to see it finished =D>

lol, it's been done for over a year now.......vids and pics of the car in action are on the site...

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
mont said:
man i got a lq9 im ready to cam an carb i am porting out the heads just a little do you think the lq9 could handle a 125 or 150 shot

yes it will, no problem...the 6010 will pull the timing out depending how you wire it...Mine pulls it only when the nitrous solonoid is on...do it how ever you wish...a tr6 ngk plug is good for spray...

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
mont said:
you say you run a msd 6010 on a lq4 i thought you would have to run a 6012...witch one would i have to run on a lq9
the 6012 is for a ls2 which i dont have...you need the same as mine...

A

Anonymous

i have to help out,sorry if this offends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVzu7JBzY9Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-toou2C4P2U

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!