how to convert 83 4 door wagon to a 2 door?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i'd drive one,they look good.like i've seen a vega wagon from time to time that i'd drive too.shoot,i'll drive any wagon.

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
595x said:
How about wagon A pillars moved back, fiberglass doors, lexan side glass & quarter windows & a good body man! Thats my thoughts.

Why are you trying to make this so hard?

Or do you mean B pillars? That would be more fab work because the back of the wagon doors are different than the back of coupe doors to accomodate the rear door hinges.

Lexan windows are not legal for street use...and I wouldn't use fibreglass doors on a driver, but that's just me.

I'm a bodyman, and I've put the planning time in, my previous posts are the best approach, IMO.

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
X2 Ribbedroof,,, I had a wagon I was going to do this to,, find a 2 door donor, move the b pillar back,, I plan on using a Camino donor and using the glass out of camino and side glass and graft into the wagon rear side glass,,, some day,, Matty man

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
I've seen 'em done with camino glass, they just don't look right, IMO. Makes the roofline look humpy, probably due to the roof being lower than the wagon roof at the front.

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
t5montecarlo said:
Angling the B pilar forward would make it look like a Nomad. :)

Seen it...didn't like it...made the roof look funky, IMO

faa23.jpg

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Ribbedroof,, is that nomad look a like a Camino with a wagon roof fabbed on? I see what you mean by it looks funny or out of porportion,, the rear side windows are custom made,, Matty man

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
You know, I never really LOOKED at it before...the rear whellwell is HORRIBLE! I'd guess that they reduced it so the "trim" would not be too close. It isn't helping the looks of the car, though. Makes it look very rear-heavy, IMO.

There's a fella over on gbodyforum that owns a wagon the builder of the "nomad" also owned. He might have asked about the car pictured...I have no idea how they got where the car is, but I'd guess Camino door glass and perhaps modified Camino B pillars.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!