Painting interior help

malibukeith

Weekend Racer
Feb 22, 2013
Nashville, Tn.
Hey all I need a paint pro. I've started painting my interior and am having a little bit of trouble in spots on it. Maybe I'm not doing the correct steps or something idk. I'm not experienced in painting at all. I'm getting fish eyes in a couple places and on one spot during clearing a piece it looks like the clear just got poured onto one spot and is kinda whitish? Anyway I hope someone can help me or tell me the steps they used because so far the 2 pieces I'm working on hasn't turned out perfect like I like :D. I did sand the pieces first by hand using 80 grit and then 100 grit. I think I'll buy a hand sander though as that took to long for my liking and didn't yield the results I think a sander could in 5 minutes. Thanks all MalibuKeith.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Fish eyes are usually caused by grease. Did you wash them after you sanded them? I normally use some tide or dawn in a 5 gallon bucket and a green scotchbrite pad. Blow them dry with the air hose and you should be good to go.

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
You don't need to wash them with water and all that stuff its unnessary. Wipe them down with a 50/50 water and simply green. Then wipe them all down with rubbing alchohal let dry and don't touch with your hands after the alchohal wipe. Always use a micro fiber to hang or set them up to dry or where your going to paint them.

The simple green and water mix will take All and any armour all of!!

Attachments

• 0318131343.jpg
    0318131343.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,883
  • 0319131143.jpg
    0319131143.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,895

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
Prep-Sol or a similar product. Should really be used before sanding as well as after.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
yep, well actually more of a pre-painting cleaner

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
What are you using ? Spray can or compressor ? What product did you spray the stuff with ? I just did a set of lower door panels yesterday.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!