PPG Paint school.....waterbase

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
shaggydjlg said:
yes we have a sun gun and yes we r using eviro base from ppg the solids u do not have to put a control coat over it .I am running 4-5 coats over all they only recommend 3 coats plus a control coat sometimes ill control coat it twice I only get the mottling on certian colors!! when we sprayed solvent base coat the silvers were terrible to match and blend. With the enviro base we do not have any problems at all no mottling or anything it looks perfect and it is sprayed exactly like I was taught.
We did a taurus x a light blue color we could not blend it for the world and the mottiling on it was rediculous we even had a tech guy come in and help and he couldnt figure it out.We finally messed with the air pressure and gun distance and got it to look good it took 3 days to paint it!!! The other color was a black w/ gold metallic flake a saturn color I sprayed it and cleared it.Looked perfect in the booth when i pulled it out in the main shop the hood was mottled bad I ended up letting that one go out because when u pulled it in the sun u couldnt see it.Some people wont pay attention to the color as long as there isnt a dent in it.But this light blue really kicked us hard.I was just wondering if u ever had the same problems or not
i know it's a solvent thing but with the control coat try crossing your coats like top to bottom vs side to side to try and lose the stiping/moddling.we've run into our share but nothing like what you're runing into with the water.the golds and silvers in solvent gave me troubles before.i found that when i thought i was ok i'd spray a coat of dbc 500 to make it shine for a bit and if needed i'd dust in some more base over that.if it was easy everyone would do it.

Martin_09

Feb 3, 2014
Interesting forum. I am a diploma holder in car painting. The Auto body painting course that I had joined offered e with proper knowledge of equipment, styles and types of paints available in market. Today my productivity has been reached to two car paint a day.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts