Rear window Rattling?

slpfeife9651

Daily Driver
Jun 23, 2009
Rochester, MN
I've had a rumbling or rattling noise coming from the rear of my car for a little while. I've since then fixed exhaust, gas tank, bumper, frame rail, and shock problems. I still have the noise and I think it is coming from the back window. Someone thought it might be the aluminum trim so I used masking tape to stop it from moving and then drove but the noise is still there.
I think that the bottom of the rear window is loose and banging against the black stuff. How can I stop this noise from happening?
Any help please :D
Thanks
-Spencer

slpfeife9651

Daily Driver
Jun 23, 2009
Rochester, MN
The bottom of the window was not attached to the seal anymore. I cleaned the glass and rubber as best I could and use permetex auto glass sealer. I had to put it on a putty knife to get it between the glass and rubber, but it sealed up pretty good and no more rattle!
easy fix for $5!

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
hope that works, I actually lost my rear window towing it home one day.

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
Be better to cut it out and reset it. The rest of it is going to come loose eventually. Our glass guy gets $45-65 to do it, depending on the vehicle.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
Mine was loose on one side I fixed it but now the other side's loose..removing the window over the winter and fixing it for good..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!