79' 2dr Malibu L92/4l60e swap

silvy370turbo

Daily Driver
May 5, 2014
Called Spohn today and was told to bolt mounts on engine first and then set it in and mark hole locations that need to be drilled.... kinda wish i would have just done the conversion plates for the OE SBC clam shells....

Jegster crossmember also didn't fit well at all, had to use a come along to squeeze the frame rails together a 1/2" to get bolt holes aligned.

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
The spohn mounts are not as easy to "bolt in" as the adapter plates, but once they are in, they have a much better fit and finish than the plates and you can actually use the low mount A/C compressor your engine came with. By the way, your build is looking great!

silvy370turbo

Daily Driver
May 5, 2014
bigmandengo said:
The spohn mounts are not as easy to "bolt in" as the adapter plates, but once they are in, they have a much better fit and finish than the plates and you can actually use the low mount A/C compressor your engine came with. By the way, your build is looking great!

Thanks! I'll give the mounts a try, should work fine was just disappointed that the Spohn add was misleading....
mean78malibu said:
The crossmembers are always a bear. No two of these cars is exactly the same and the frames are far from strong.

Nice build so far!

Thanks! Good to know, I'm use to the newer stuff lol....

silvy370turbo

Daily Driver
May 5, 2014
360demonRT said:
man, that is clean! props. Makes my build look like scrap iron lol

Thanks man, my secret is wheel acid, it makes damn near anything look new again if used right!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Hopefully that trans holds up :shock: Lookin' good :D Interesting that a Regal interior was swapped in...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!