MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
From the looks of it I think it's actually thicker

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
That's strange... I wonder if it has to do with the clutch setup being a little different. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the correct diameter/spline clutch disc for a T56 and use a stock G-Body flywheel/pressure plate with a hydraulic t/o bearing.

You could also send 388bu a message (not sure how often he's on) and see what he did, I know he used to have an SBC with a T56 but I don't know if it was 1 or 2pc.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
there is sooo much information out there about these swaps and what people are using for parts, i'm actually sick of reading. once i pick up the parts on saturday, i'll figure out what i'll need to replace.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
Well, got the transmission yesterday. Almost 500 miles round trip, saw an old friend, and stopped at White Castle. I'm going to replace the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, flywheel and also might as well do the hydraulics at the same time. Kid couldn't find the shift as well, so he gave me a different one that will work until I find one that I like

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
i've picked up a few parts recently. grabbed a manual pedal setup, and swapped my john bzdel clutch pedal in. all is good except the bushings on the brake pedal need to be replaced, a little too worn for my liking. anyone know where i can pick these up?

i looked into a shifter relocation kit, and its $400!!! might just see how far back the stock location will be before i commit to it.

also found a way to "override" the electric solenoid for the reverse lockout.

I received the flywheel, 22 lbs of steel. it has weight bolted to the back, so im going to have to call spec and figure out if it should stay or go for my setup :roll:

i've been looking online, and i think i'll go with an upgraded "stock" clutch, seeing as how i don't plan to race this, and my engine doesn't make much more than the stock camaro setup.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Doober said:
the only time it didn't grab hold was when I was shifting fast as I could, even then it was just a very short slip
That doesn't happen with the Hays disc that I have. At the track, I chirped 4th gear (the T5 will allow you to shift without lifting the gas pedal). the disc looks like it has wires in it, yet it still engages smoothly.

Mike, the pedal bushings are common for almost all GM applications for many years. Dorman/HELP has them.

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
as far as the reverse lock out, I just hooked mine up to the brake light switch...it disengages when I hit the brake

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
I just spliced into the brake light harness, but I suppose that using the other socket would be better

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!