TH 350. Am I wasting my time?

ecc_33

Amateur Racer
Jun 21, 2015
amanda ohio
I just went through the trans and installed 36 element sprag and drum. Trans go shift kit with the stiffest springs. red alto clutches and kolene steels. All seals, bearings and bushings new. TCI aluminum deep pan. Something broke inside it today. I be I don't have 100 miles on it. Started to slip in second gear and I'm blowing through 3rd pretty easy. I stopped and was close to the house when this happened. Question is should I stop now wasting money on the 350 and go to a glide or 400? Its behind my 421 sb that's making 600 hp at 6700 rpm's and 530 ftlbs of torque at 4800. I am running a 8" PTC converter with a 4500 stall. I was told to stay with a 3 speed auto because of the car seeing street duty. I am interested to see what failed. Hopefully this week I can at least get it out of the car. I have lost damn near all motivation since building this car.

A properly assembled TH350 will easily withstand the amount of horsepower and torque your combination is generating. Mark Sussino (slimbo) has had one of our TH350's and one of our 8-inch converters in his Grand Prix since 2010. This car weighs 3,900 pounds, covers the 60-foot clocks in the high 1.20 range, makes north of 900 flywheel horsepower, and has completed numerous Drag Week events as well accumulated tens of thousands of regular street miles. Chances are there was probably an error made during assembly, or a part could have failed prematurely due to an unseen defect.

ecc_33

Amateur Racer
Jun 21, 2015
amanda ohio
Thank you sir for the reply. I got the pan off last night and found a lot of clutch material. Looked on your site and found no prices. Do you guys do rebuilds on personal trans cases or do you have to buy a whole trans? If so whats the price on a TH 350. Street driven and raced. I would most likely go with a brake this time around with a manual valve body.

We will rebuild just about any unit out there.

If you're interested in purchasing one of our complete units then MR.com member price on our 650 HP transbrake-equipped TH350 (part number 35-3) is $1,511.00 plus shipping. We also offer an 850+ HP version under part number 35-3X. MR.com member price on this model is $2,068.00 plus shipping.

Thanks!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!