Instrument cluster and A/C Bracket update

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Re: Another small update - 11-29-08

Actually, it's completed. Technically, they're never completed, but I've just been too busy.... er, lazy to update the project forum.

I need to go in and clean up the posts and put them in chronological order with all the details and photos. Hopefully soon. :roll:

malibujeff

Weekend Racer
Nov 14, 2003
Georgia
6hayes.home.comcast.net

MalibuRacing said:
Actually, it's completed. Technically, they're never completed, but I've just been too busy.... er, lazy to update the project forum.

I need to go in and clean up the posts and put them in chronological order with all the details and photos. Hopefully soon. :roll:

Please do!

Jeff

veltboy618

Weekend Racer
Nov 12, 2009
Granite City, IL

MalibuRacing said:
I am using an A/C bracket off an S-10 to use a R4 style compressor. It will be located at the top passenger side. It bolts right to the passenger head and aligns perfectly. Additional braces will need to be fabbed, because only one bolt goes in the head. It will use the existing Malibu A/C controls. Here is a picture of what it will look like when I get it completed (picture from LS1tech.com):
ac_setup.jpg

The bracket will need to have part of it removed. Here you can see the part that needs to be removed. Here it has been sandblasted and primed:
ac_bracket_primer.jpg

Here is what the bracket looks like after removing the bottom portion of the bracket with a cut-off wheel. It has been painted with aluminum paint:
ac_bracket_finished.jpg

I tried searching on LS1tech... Do you have a link to where I can find more info on the A/C mod?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
It was completed years ago. No changes over the last several years. My son completed his degree after changing his major 3 times. He is now back home and saving money to buy a house. The Malibu is currently sitting in the garage covered in dust. It has not been driven in a couple years. I would get it out and drive it occasionally, but stopped when a rear brake cylinder went out. I purchased a Monte SS rear and new control arms some time back, but haven't worked on it. My son is busy with his new job and I'm busy helping take care of my Father suffering from Alzheimer disease. We talk about getting it back on the road, and I'm sure we will sometime.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Thanks for the update Phillip.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!