Malibu Racing LIVES!

Evil_Regal

Amateur Racer
Aug 10, 2004
Philly, PA
pages.prodigy.net
So glad to see that the site will remain, this has always been my go-to for gbody stuff. I've been out of the game for a while but I need to get back working on that thing. Thanks for keeping it alive!

PAHR

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2005
Tennessee
GP403 said:
Just sent out a mass email announcing the site is still alive, and of course a @$% ton of those e-mails are bouncing back. welp, it sounded like a good idea at the time. hopefully this isn't a bad thing. I thought e-mail addresses were like luggage, you keep that junk forever. lol.
==================================================
WOW whata flashback! THANKS for the invite and heads up! I've been outta the gbody game for long time, I sold my last one back in 05, I have looked at some wagons over the years but nothin panned out.

I had a stroke in 2017 that's taken me out of the mechanicin game pretty much totally and my Dad died in 2012 and I inherited my 72 Chevelle SS Convertible back, so it takes up my garage space yearly as it don't see anything but sunny weather.
I really do appreciate the email and will try to stop in once in a while to see whats up, TAKE CARE ALL!

htFpV18.jpg

sw0CO2U.jpg

2trKjLO.jpg

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hi There,
I'm definitely glad to see some new interest in Malibu Racing! I had a lot of fun, learned quite a bit and got some great deals on parts hanging out on here over the years, I've been popping in from time to time to see if anything was going on and it just made me sad to see there wasn't hardly any action at all, hopefully we can get it back on track! Catch You All Later! KillerDave

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
I reconfigured things to use the "i am not a robot" challenge for registration, so hopefully this means we can get REAL PEOPLE signing up instead of and endless stream of spambots. Moderators, if you see this, try to keep an eye on things, I'll be doing the same. If it works, great, if not I'll just turn registration back off again.... *fingers crossed*

Edit: And I'm enabling the "stopforumspam" extension here same as on the rest of my sites. That should be another layer on top of it....

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
OK. I'm going to take the step of outright DELETING all the users who signed up and either didn't verify their accounts.... or NEVER posted and HAVE NOT been to the site in 6 months. So if you never posted, and haven't visited the site in six months, I apologize but your account needs to go. For one it will get rid of a lot of the spammer sleeper accounts, and two it frees up usernames for those who actually want to use them. When I get this board switched to XF it shouldn't be as big a deal.... So. Stand by.

I also removed a few of the user fields that are most popular with spammers, like the "website" (obviously) and the ICQ/AIM fields since neither of those exist any more. I will be removing the member list page when I remember how to do that on phpBB (lol) bc that's just a way for spammers to mine data and spam you in PMs.

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Yeah so I guess I can't delete users and the ability to view the memberlist is lumped in with other things that are actually useful. :roll:

....stay tuned I guess..

mc1984ss

Frequent Racer
Apr 19, 2004
Wisconsin
Great to have it back!!! I don't visit here as often as I used to due to life keeping me way to busy. Hopefully just sidelined for now. Thanks for the effort!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!