What did U do to your G-body today??

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I got a replacement connector for the cruise control that messed up and installed it. I also got the electronic cruise control panel grounded today.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I didn't really work on the car itself. I measured the water pump, thermostat housing and radiator inlets and outlets to do radiator hose research.

Seems GM switched the radiator inlet size in 1980 from 1-1/2" to 1-1/4". It also seems most aftermarket radiators are 1-1/2" inlet and outlet. The result of my research is for SBC and BBC the OEM water neck is 1-1/2" the water pump outlet is 1-3/4", so you want to use a 1979 305 upper hose and any year 305 lower hose.

Tommy

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I started mine last week and a short spin around the block, felt good :D The tires are pretty hard, so more than about 2/3 throttle in 2nd gear made it start to spin :lol:

I sadly haven't gotten much of anything done on it, but my plans have evolved to an LS/T56/8.5" setup. I have the B-Body 8.5 rear, need to get all the innards + swap parts for it though (probably something like 3.73, TruTrac and good axles, probably disc brakes). I may break down and just buy a new T56 Magnum, anybody selling a stock, used (typically 130,000 miles+ to boot) T56 wants $2k or more... by the time I buy and rebuild I could have just gotten a brand new unit (I think I've seen them around $3200+ on Summit). The LS will be later, I can run the 350 for now, but LS will probably be a 6.0 with L92/LS3 heads (stock used LS3 engines are a pretty penny compared to a stock used 6.0). Goal for the engine will be probably 475-500whp (550-575 crank hp), just enough to scare me and everybody else I know :rofl:

78elk I remember you were always updating religiously, nice to see it still... do you have any pics?

Tommy, how's your brown bomber?

I don't hit any online forums like I used to anymore... sad to say I'm feeling major nostalgia given the instant gratifaction of Facebook, etc. :roll:

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Doober, Madge is still a "Driveway Eliminator". Things have been slim for us. I lost my job a year ago last June, then lost the new job last July. Normally I do a Holiday Club with my bank and it's my total car budget for the year, but this year it might just go to pay bills.

Tommy

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I tightened the engine pan bolts a little. I had the drivers side raised while installing the Rostra cruise control,. I seen a little leakage by the pan gasket.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I hadn't started it in awhile. It ran terrible. I think it a fuel problem from sitting. I got a little better the longer it ran. I hope this isn't due to the linkage I added for the cruise control. Time will tell.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!