Going from 231 to 4.3

A

Anonymous

I am going from a 231 to a 4.3 in my 83 wagon,I bought a wrecked 98 S-10 pick-up for the motor and trans.
My question is what all do I have to change for this,I know that I will have to have the computer and wiring harness,and the motor mounts.Can I use the frame mounts from the S-10 for the wagon?And what about the fuel pump?

Thanks.

Darwinskeeper

Frequent Racer
Sep 18, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
Jr.

You will probably have to get new frame mounts. I would try either frame mounts from the the 200/229 Malibu or the 262 Monte Carlo/ElCamino.

I assume that you are keeping the fuel injection, so you will need to update the fuel system for FI, our esteemed moderator should be able to tell you what you need to do there.

If you are going with the S-10 trans, you will need to change the X-member. If you are going with an automatic, you might be able to find one from Summit Racing or Crossmembers.com. If your new trans is a stick you may be on your own. With a stick there is also the matter of a clutch to deal with.

Good Luck!!!

A

Anonymous

I am staying with FI,I got the whole truck so I will have the wiring harrness and all for the swap.I will be staying with the 4l60E trans also.

A

Anonymous

That should be a nice setup, I had the 4.3 auto in my 2000 S10 that was nice w/ a 3:42 rear ratio. I would consider that on my Bu in the future too.(As long as the gas keeps going up!

Trickbu

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Im using a s-10 fuel pump in my el camino tank with a little fabrication on a stock blazer sending unit/ pump hanger.

S10 frame mounts will not work. you will need 200/229/262 g-body mounts.

PM me for more info if you need any

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts