What did U do to your G-body today??

sleepybu

Weekend Racer
Oct 17, 2021
Fired up the bu today, pulled it out side.
I put a new master cyclinder on a few weeks ago, bleed the brakes the peddel still goes to the floor,they work but i don't think i'm getting full brake pressure,i had the same problem with the og mc.
Anybody have any iders?

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I started up the 78 Elk again today and it ran great. I hope to get the Sniper EFI system installed, but due to family get together it might be a while.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Fired up the bu today, pulled it out side.
I put a new master cyclinder on a few weeks ago, bleed the brakes the peddel still goes to the floor,they work but i don't think i'm getting full brake pressure,i had the same problem with the og mc.
Anybody have any iders?
What technique did you use to bleed the brakes?

Did you first bench bleed the new master cylinder?

Did you then gravity bleed each of the wheel cylinders/calipers?

Did you then pump the pedal to bleed the remaining air? or use a vacuum pump at the cylinder/caliper to bleed the remaining air?

The new master cylinder could be bad.

sleepybu

Weekend Racer
Oct 17, 2021
What technique did you use to bleed the brakes?

Did you first bench bleed the new master cylinder?

Did you then gravity bleed each of the wheel cylinders/calipers?

Did you then pump the pedal to bleed the remaining air? or use a vacuum pump at the cylinder/caliper to bleed the remaining air?

The new master cylinder could be bad.
Thanks for the responce,

I bolted the master cyclinder to the booster on the car, installed a bench bleeder kit, pumped the peddel alot, then hooked up the lines, and maybe a week or two later got some help to pump the peddel to bleed the brakes.
I may take the MC off and bench bleed it (properly) and rebleed the system.
The MC is a rock auto "ac delco" peace made in china (boo). Had to order it from there cus i could not find one in canada!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts