Which?

• Turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitrous

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

In a Malibu(2-door or possibly a wagon if I can find a clean one).

Setup 1: Rods/Pistons in an Iron 6-liter(Pump-gas compression, <11.5:1). Stock L92 heads with a nitrous cam, carb conversion, and 2 stages spraying 3-400 total.

Setup 2: Rods/Pistons in an Iron 6-liter. Stock heads, smallish turbo ground cam(Speed Inc T1 probably), flipped truck manifolds, s400 turbo, megasquirt efi, stock intake(or LS6 intake).

They would both probably go the same speed/ET. I've been thinking about the turbo setup for a while, but I've been starting to consider a nitrous setup as well. Nitrous would be a little easier to tune, but I think the turbo setup would make more power in the long run. Up the boost or go to the 80mm s400 upgrade and it's making enough power to break the stock crank/block.

I'd probably have the same amount of money into both...Mainly due to the turbo being around 600$ and using stock truck manifolds.

I don't know.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Reason I say turbo (imo) is you don't have to pay to refill the turbo :lol: Plus I think it adds to the cool factor ;)

A

Anonymous

Yeah, 30-35$ every time I want to go beat on my car sucks. Not to mention 15$ for plugs, and 40-60$ for gas.

The more I think about it, the more fun turbo sounds.

Don't refill a turbo, don't have to heat it up to get the right pressure :lol: , don't have to worry about if you're running out of turbo after 5 or so passes. :p

A

Anonymous

Can I add in a 3rd option. 6.0 Iron block ported heads, crane 1449551 cam and a whipple. Tons of low end power and the whine of a twin screw blower is the secs.

A

Anonymous

Here's yet another idea.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794352

LSX blocked 418 ci spinning 9600 RPM's and makeing 925 horse at 9600.

A

Anonymous

Doober said:
All I have to say is HOLY CRAP!
We made a total of 12 pulls to 9600rpms with the hp continuing to climb past 9600rpms.

And they are saying it will buzz 10,000+RPM's easy.

bottlesempty

Amateur Racer
Apr 22, 2007
southern maine
Definitely go turbo. You'll be much happier having that power all the time. Turbos are also much easier on your motor and your wallet after the initial cost. Its like would you prefer to get clocked on the head once or kicked in the turd cutter forever. Your gonna say "ouch" one way or another.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!