Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitrous

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
if I had the funds I'd do a turbo for sure.. but if not I'd go n2o for the ease and simplicity.

Just think when going turbo.. figure out the cost of it and mulitply by 2 and you'll be very close. Unless you can do the fabricating yourself

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
That's why I've always been afraid of the cost of running one, there's that fabrication variable...

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
Turbos are more of the wow factor. If money's not an issue go turbo. I think you'd be happy with it. Rod

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
if i had the money i would go turbo, i also like blow through prochargers. i think a carberated lsx with good crank,rods and pistons running a blowthrough procharger would be different. you can build it all the way up to something around 454 cubic inches with the lsx block. i say bigger is better, then pour the boost to it and let'er eat 8) , better have some good suspension though.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
Crawlin5.0 said:
In a Malibu(2-door or possibly a wagon if I can find a clean one).

Setup 1: Rods/Pistons in an Iron 6-liter(Pump-gas compression, <11.5:1). Stock L92 heads with a nitrous cam, carb conversion, and 2 stages spraying 3-400 total.

Setup 2: Rods/Pistons in an Iron 6-liter. Stock heads, smallish turbo ground cam(Speed Inc T1 probably), flipped truck manifolds, s400 turbo, megasquirt efi, stock intake(or LS6 intake).

They would both probably go the same speed/ET. I've been thinking about the turbo setup for a while, but I've been starting to consider a nitrous setup as well. Nitrous would be a little easier to tune, but I think the turbo setup would make more power in the long run. Up the boost or go to the 80mm s400 upgrade and it's making enough power to break the stock crank/block.

I'd probably have the same amount of money into both...Mainly due to the turbo being around 600$ and using stock truck manifolds.

I don't know.

Stock 6.0 heads will be fine, local boy in the 5's in the 1/8th with stock heads turbo'd in a firebird...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!