Holley Sniper EFI?

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
My hand held unit stopped working. I had Holley Performance help me and found out that the hand held unit wasn't plugged in all the way. After finding that it ran better.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
What that is a TV cable adjuster that is only holding the throttle cable. There's no way to adjust the TV cable that I can see, unless the throttle cable can be mounted in a different area.
In 1978, TV cables weren't used yet. You have no adjuster on your cable; you have an old-school kick down cable.

Do you have a 200-4R installed in your 1978 El Camino?

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
In your picture, I don't see the adjustable TV cable that is used with the TH200-4R; I see a fixed kick down cable. Your cable is missing the automatic adjuster at the throttle body end.

1681767262576.png

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I have an adjuster similar to the one in your picture. It's under the throttle cable.How do I adjust that? Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Now I see the adjuster on the bottom; sorry for not noticing it before. The factory installed the cable so the adjuster button was on top.
If you push the button in, the cable will slide freely. Pull the cable back to remove the slack and then open the throttle fully. The cable will chatter through the adjuster and then be set.

Since your bracket is also adjustable, it is critical to know the proper distance between the square hole in the bracket and the stud on the throttle body. If not set to the factory GM dimension, the cable will also be set incorrectly affecting the pressures and potentially ruin the clutches. I don't know the tolerance for the measurement. Tomorrow, I can have a look at mine and give a measurement as close as I can. Alternatively, the dimensions may be published somewhere online. The other critical dimension is the distance between the centerline of the throttle shaft and the stud on the throttle body for the TV cable.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Oh my...sorry. I am not familiar with the bracket setup you have. I saw 2 obvious cables, before, but upon a closer look I now see 3 cables. I assume, now, the TV cable is labeled "C"?

Throttle cable is labeled "B"?

What is the cable labeled "A"? I have not seed a 3-cable setup before.

1681823542998.png

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts