11" rotors for malibu

malibu43

Amateur Racer
Aug 11, 2009
hi,i need to know what do i need to swap my stock rotors to 11" rotors,but for rules in my class of race i cannot change the a arms shapes,i mean i have to use the stock ones,and also do i need other spindles or i can use the stock ones? if you mention any kind of body swap let me know the model ,year or whatever.
The caprice spindles are good for the swap? in chile its more easy to get thoses,but please especify the year,any help i will appreciated.
thanks

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
AFAIK the only way to get 11" rotors without using B-body spindles & aftermarket A arms is to use aftermarket rotors, which I'm thinking is probably not legal for your class. There are oversized stock style calipers that are a bolt on:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/US-Brake-GM-Metric-Calipers,23545.html

Tommy

malibu43

Amateur Racer
Aug 11, 2009
tommy,what are the b body spindles,please tell me the years and model also.maybe i can get thoses here in chile.
thanks

malibu43

Amateur Racer
Aug 11, 2009
questions,if i use the b body caprice spindles and rotors,and calipers,will be bolt on labor? (without changing the uuper a arm).
if the caprice spindles and rotors are from 12" will fit in the g body? (without changing the uppers)
actually am running the nova rotors with the stock g body spindles,i had made a bracket to fit the caliper in,but the brake pads don`t fit right between the rotor and caliper they are bigger (when they are brand new)so i have to take out some metal from the pads to fit in.
the big question its.
How to fit bigger brakes without changing the uppers arms,and keep the stock spindles,or changing,and no aftermarket rotors?
big question? any help i will apreciated.
thanks tommy

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
You could do the blazer brake swap. I don't know what size those rotors are, but they are bigger and use a better caliper. and they are a direct swap. (They use your stock a-arms.)

malibu43

Amateur Racer
Aug 11, 2009
thanks ,the blazer spindles and calipers what year should be? i thinl in chile will be very hard to find thoses.
thanks again

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
You can't do the B-body swap without aftermarket upper A-arms.

Tommy

malibu43

Amateur Racer
Aug 11, 2009
sorry to bother you guys but the rules in my class already change,and the max rotor allowed are 11",so if the g body stock are 10.5" ,are not much difference, so i will gey a good racing pads and i think i will set,ok.
what do you think?
anyway thanks again for all the help and comments.
Jorge

malibudave1978

Amateur Racer
Jun 8, 2004
Houston, TX
Camaros and firebirds (f-bodies) from 1982 through 1992 used the same front rotor and caliper as the 1978 through 1987 g-body (malibu, cutlass, grand prix, el camino, regal, monte carlo) cars. Also, most s10 pickups and blazers from 1982 to 2002 used the same rotor and calipers as the 1978 to 1987 g-body cars. I would google search for brake pad upgrades the 1982 to 1992 f-body cars. Thirdgen.org is a forum that specializes in 1982 to 1992 f-body camaros and firebirds and will have better information on upgrading the stock brake system than the g-body forums or sites. Thirdgen.org has its own brake forum that would be better to get the information that you need. These 1982 to 1992 f-body camaro and firebirds were built to handle, and most people autocross these cars more, so there is more information on upgrading your brakes.

If using an aggressive pad for racing, it will more than likely wear out your rotors fairly quickly. It would be a good idea to have an extra set of rotors as replacements if you intend to race a lot. I don't know how easy it is to find these rotors were you live since you are in a different country.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts