17 inch rallye wheels on wagon help

Hey all. Another fitment question. I wanna buy some wheel vintiques rallye's for the wagon. It's pretty low now. So I was looking to put a 17x8 in the rear, and a 17x7 in the from. What backspacing have all you wagon owners used?? Issues?? I now I have 15x7 in the fron, unknown BS right now, but on full left/right turns the tires rub, and a big enough bump they kiss the inner wheel well. I'm sure I have to tuck the fronts in pretty far. I was thinking a 4 in BS in the rear. BTW, factory rear W/iroc discs. Lowered about 2.5-3 in the front, 3 in the rear. Thanx. I wanna get these pretty soon as I already have tires. The 15 inch rallye's rubber are JUNK!

nastynavy

Frequent Racer
Dec 17, 2004
Lafayette, IN
My wagon is not lowered yet but I just got a set of 16 x 8" Extreme S-10 wheels and they are 4.25" backspacing and I have no problems at all. They have 245/50/16's all the way around and I have no rubbing even with my old warn out shocks and springs. Hope this helps.

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
That'll get me started. I have 245/45-17's for it. looks like the most backspace I can get with them is 4.5" with the 17x7 wheel. I wonder if it is enough???

nastynavy

Frequent Racer
Dec 17, 2004
Lafayette, IN
You should be fine. My brother just put 17 x 8's all around on his regal with 245/45/17's on the front and 4" of backspacing on front and rear. He is going to lower it next week so I will let you know how it is then.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts