3 new reproduction fenders 78-81 Malibu

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Trying to get a feel for 3 new (unused) fenders I have and don't need anymore. Bought em from Sherman's. I have a left and right that are from the newer and more accurate stamps and 1 left from an earlier and less accurate stamp. All 3 are straight and were never installed. The skins on all 3 are perfect. I have drilled out the spot welds for the upper and lower mounting brackets on the one left fender. Both were spot welded in the wrong position and twisted and are now just bolted up (will need spot welding) for the time being. I ended up using a great set of factory fenders I found at the yard.

12-07-09065.jpg

12-07-09060.jpg

12-07-09064.jpg

The 3rd pic is the one that the inner mounting brackets will need welding later after mounting mockup. I paid $140 plus shipping for each and received a credit on the miswelded one. I'll throw that one in if the other two are bought as a set. Would like to get rid of all three to make room in the storage shed. I will have more parts after the weather gets better. Any takers??

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Re: 3 new repo fenders 78-81 Malibu

If i had a job i'd be all over them, goodluck with the sale.

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota

Thanks man, hope you're situation improves soon. My job has seen about 16 weeks of curtailments in the last 15 months also. Never before seen at our location in the corp. Keep renewing those magazine subscriptions [-o< We don't print the pages but make the rolled paper stock for various mag. printers. Best of luck to ya!!

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota

This is what the 3rd fender looked like when mounted.

badfenderoncar-twistedtail.jpg

The top mount bracket was also miswelded.

badfender-skinflangetohoodhingemoun.jpg

12-07-09064-Copy.jpg

12-07-09065-Copy.jpg

Fender is still very usable. No damage to the skin at all. After mockup mounting the brackets can be very easily spot welded again. The stamping process was alright but the bracket clamping and welding were sloppy.

I'll throw this fender in on the deal if the other two are bought as a set. $140 plus shipping for each of the other two. I'll pay the shipping on this one.

Wife says no [-X cowl hood until these are gone.

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Don't be afraid of using these if you need fenders. I didn't use em only because I had found and excellent pair of OEM in the yard after I had bought these.

the hat

Weekend Racer
Feb 22, 2010
wood river, il
how much do you want for them i need the passenger side ?

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I'd sell a pair, drivers and pass side, for $135 each and throw the 3rd one in for nothing if you pay the shipping on all three.

78mali

Mar 16, 2010
Navarre, OH
I would be very intresteed in the pass side fender if your willing to seperate them?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts