79 boo L92 swap

hicksport

Daily Driver
Aug 31, 2009
If the weather permits ill be starting my swap this weekend!!!!!!!
Parts are: 08 gen 4 6.0 LY6 drive by wire, T56, 8.5 gn rear, air bags, 08 Z06 wheels and tires, brakes by Kore3, front suspension by SCandC.
Building motor plates/mounts tomorrow and trying to stuff it in over the weekend!!
Harness and computer off to Wait4me performance, back in 2 weeks I hope!!!

Later
Collier

6spdmalibu

Amateur Racer
Jun 25, 2009
Vancouver BC
Have fun with the build! Can't wait to see it complete! GL

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
Jesse is great as far as hte harness goes, the only thing that I had a problem with was that he set my fan temp to come on too late, which I fixed, but shouldn't have a problem. I got it back in 4 days instead of 2 weeks, depending on how busy he is, which shouldn't be too bad because people haven't gotten into the winter months where they have everything sitting in a project :D Good luck, lots of pictures, and keep us informed. You sound like you've got alot of stuff your getting ready to do ;)

hicksport

Daily Driver
Aug 31, 2009
Sorry for the delay on pics and or an update.... Had to work all weekend and have been feeling like heck all weekend as well. The transmission is here and the gn rear finished cutting one of rear whell housing out...........damn that took more than I thought it would. Rear tires will be here this week. Pics soon to come!!

hicksport

Daily Driver
Aug 31, 2009
Feeling a bit better, my tires came in today!!!! Here is a pic of them mounted and stuffed under the rear. I think it looks pretty awsome. For you number junkies those are 19X12 ZO6 rears with 325/30/19 tires, STUFFED!!!!

Attachments

• Cropped_Boo_on_19x12's [640x480].jpg
    Cropped_Boo_on_19x12's [640x480].jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,369

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Dude you cant do that to me! There's no pic! Pretty please [-o<

hicksport

Daily Driver
Aug 31, 2009
Sorry about that i had to resize it.....took a minute.
The pic is with my I phone I'll get some better ones soon ran out of daylight .
I still have a question for the lsx swap guys: which is the right oil pan for ground clearance on these swaps? the CTS-V or the F-BODY? Please thats about all that is holding me up..

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
CTS-V pan is the way to go from everyone has said and been thru.

6spdmalibu

Amateur Racer
Jun 25, 2009
Vancouver BC
That fit without a mini tub?! That teaser pic looks sick BTW!!

hicksport

Daily Driver
Aug 31, 2009
Thats no teaser pic thats bolted on!!!!!!!!! And yes there is a mini tub in the process on this car.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts