79 malibu launch

64chevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 10, 2010
wichita ks
I have uploaded a couple of videos of my car launching...I am looking for ideas on what I need to do.

Current set up 12 bolt rear out of a 70 chevelle..3.31 posi Iceman adj uppers and soild lowers....Iceman anit roll bar and stock rear springs & stock cheapie shocks.. car 60fts 1.65-1.67 na and on a 150 shot if it hooks been a best of 1.52.. any other info ask away...front end is stock springs with comp eng 3 way adj set at 90-10
I installed umi lower relocation brackets in the sec video..seems my 60' feel off .01-.02 but all other numbers are good! to me pass side of car is dipping hardand drivers side is separating at wheel...if need i have a few other videos before that are lighter.

before brackets....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLOTBacoPUE

after brackets....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXquu1eGSGA

64chevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 10, 2010
wichita ks
yes it has a iceman racing installed above the rear with tabs on the front of the axle tube that it ties too..it is a weld in piece...not sure it is set up right tho.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i'm no expert, and maybe someone with more experience can chime in...but it should be set up with you sitting in the driver's seat, and of course, with the weight of the car on the suspension.

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
Looks like it still needs adjusting. Still doing the "Twist & Dance". Air Bag in passenger side spring may help also.
Looked a little less stable after Brackets.

64chevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 10, 2010
wichita ks
Converter is a chance 3800 on motor..4200 on spray...yea it hits tires pretty hard...actually pulls the wheels even on motor now did not do it before. Put gazan racing shocks on to try ..we will c what happens..I will also readjust anti role bar...car has run a best of [email protected] mph with a 1.52 60'.....oh yea it only has 3.31 gears :)

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
those 331 gears was the reason why i was asking about the converter!..lol it hits hard..once you get the suspension sorted out..lookout!!!..nice ride..i wish i was pulling the wheels like that!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts