'93 S10 of mine has problems...

A

Anonymous

Ok the truck sit for 2 years so im thinking a bad ground or a short some where.... Gas or Temp Gauge doesnt work, and the Amp gauge does alright until the lights are turned on, then it drops all the way down.... Its charging i know it has a new battery and alternator.... Ive checked it out with the Ohm meter and everything is fine except at the cluster... confused_swirl.gif

Oh and also, the Check Gauges light stays on until the lights or parking lights are turned on.

A

Anonymous

gas gauge problems are usually a rotted out ground, stuck float, or bad contact on the sender in which case you'd have to replace it. check the grounds in that area but first probe the wires coming from the sending unit to see if there is voltage going in and coming out. all it is is a variable resistor, should have 2 possibly 3 wires for the sender itself and others to the pump... i'm sure you could diagnose whether its the sender or not based on your readings... if its the sender, you CAN get it seperate from the pump, don't let the a55holes at chevy tell you you can't... i know for a fact it is possible and it'll save you about 2bills. as far as your amp gauge, is it an amp gauge or volt??? sounds like another bad ground or short redirecting current flow from the gauge... get a wiring diagram and follow it closely, you cant fix crap without one... good luck hope this helps :D

A

Anonymous

just read it again and you said you traced it to the cluster... get a diagram and test that cluster and wiring. if the check gauges light and comes off with other lightsare turned on something is backfeeding...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts