A/C and wiper switch plugs

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
So as I'm putting the '78 together I've come across a few connectors I don't really recognize far as their use goes. One of them is this one that comes off the wiper switch:
IMAG0652.jpg

The other is one that, far as I can understand, is run in parallel to the 'charge' bulb that runs to the alternator, basically as a failsafe (no pic on that one):

My last one is A/C-related. The first one is original to the '78 and part of the engine harness, the other is from a later year Monte and on the A/C control side of the harness. The '78 is a 3x1 connector, and the Monte is a 2x2 with a ground added - partially for the high speed relay, but I'm not sure what else the ground is used for... is the A/C system different on the later cars?
IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

O. D. Showtime

Top Fueler
Nov 23, 2003
Regina SK Canada
The plug (orange, white and green) off the wiper switch is for the delay feature I believe. I think the 78/79 used this type plug. Not sure on the 80 but I believe that's when they went to the single green wire.

Not sure on the other questions...

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
O. D. Showtime said:
The plug (orange, white and green) off the wiper switch is for the delay feature I believe. I think the 78/79 used this type plug. Not sure on the 80 but I believe that's when they went to the single green wire.

Not sure on the other questions...

Correct on the wiper delay.
Red is a feed from the engine harness to the blower high speed relay "normally open" contact. Black is compressor clutch ground. Dark green is compressor clutch. Light green is fast idle solenoid.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts