Alloy Wheel refinishers??

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Anyone have any recommendations for refinishing my new 17" N90 wheels in the proper gold paint for 1980 Z28?
I want to use Wheel Collision Center in PA, but they won't p/u & deliver from a residence & I haven't been able to find a local service shop that uses them. My other option is USA Wheel in Fairfield, NJ, but I know nothing about them. Any recommendations?

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
t5montecarlo said:
You are not that far from Bath PA. Why not make a road trip.

You're not kidding! Not too far off Route 22. about 1:15 from my house.

I guess sometimes I get lazy as I get older... :lol:

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i don't know about the wheel refurbing guys on your part of the stamp but lately around here the regulars that we use at work can't seem to prep the wheels very well at all before they refinish them.we started doing it in house to keep the qc in check.why not use a bodyshop?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
A bodyshop can't turn the wheel in a lathe to make the proper machined finish. They would just mask the existing machined area & paint over the existing paint. The proper way is to strip the entire wheel, paint/powdercoat it, remachine it then clearcoat it.

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
oh,i'm sorry i thought you were looking to have them refinished only.sorry bout that.your way does sound like a good plan

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
No problem. You didn't know what my wheels look like.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts