anyone going fast with rear cargo coils in 2dr malibu

bottlesempty

Amateur Racer
Apr 22, 2007
southern maine
I've identified that part of my suspension problems at track were due to my TRZ ARB INTERFERING WITH THE LARGER THAN STOCK DIAMETER moroso trick springs car had stock 6cylinder rear coils when ARB was welded in the solution seems to be replace rear coil springs my choices are replacement6cyl coils or cargo coils anyone had good ex Erie Cretan racing with cargo coils my car is2drmalibu just need to replace rear coils unsure of cargo coil for trying to 60' any input or should I just get replacement coils for 6cylinder Malibu my car does not carry heavy loads no back seat trying figure best stock diameter spring to match with new drag shocks get this thing out the hole with drag radials the key is getting weight transfer a
Code:
Not sure how stiff cargo coils will help plant tires any help who has had success with cargo coils just need advice to make right purchase anyone having success with stiff cargo springs if so w hat ET are you running Iplan on using drag shocks just curious if cargo spring will cause too much rake to get any weight transfer they are listed as variable rate just wondering anybody having success with the cargo coil at1320

notoria23

Daily Driver
Aug 9, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Hey ive got the wagon springs on the back of mine and im not huge fan, the weight transfer isn't right and they ride a little high for my taste, just my 2 cents. Never had it to the track though so I don't have any numbers for you.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
I also had the stock wagon springs in my wagon and it sat too high! I put moroso rear springs and qa1 single adjustable shocks in w/ 1 air bag on the passenger side and my 60 ft's went from high 1.60's to mid to low 1.50's with a best of 1.48. I use just enough air in the bag to make the car sit level and it leaves nice and level, no ARB.

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
Malibuwagon80....do you have part numbers for what you used? and any pictures, I'd love to see what your set up looks like.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
1980PontiacWagon said:
Malibuwagon80....do you have part numbers for what you used? and any pictures, I'd love to see what your set up looks like.
moroso part #47520

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts