anyone use H&R Parts n Stuff anti roll bar ??

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
I have one ,set it up as per instructions and the car sits like 2" lower on the drivers side??Car is way lopsided so bad I thought I blew a spring ...so I undid the drivers side and now it sits level but, as per instructions it says drivers side needs to be turned all the way in while the passenger side has to be set neutral preload???That's how I had it ... ](*,) Any help or advice would be great ...Thanks....!

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
Sounds like it is binding somewhere....do you have any pics? does the car sit level with both ends disconnected?

I run a SPOHN bar, and it is the same concept with a larger bar and rod ends. I don't e understand why they would want one end run down the whole way while the passenger side is neutral pre-load. They should both install @ the same length, then you adjust the with the weight of the driver in the seat.

I would disconnect both ends (leave the bar on the rear) jack up the car with the jack under the rear, put jack stands under the frame for safety, get under and measure what the length of the ends should be, adjust the ends accordingly (make them 1/4" long), reinstall with the weight let off the rear slightly, re-check.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
i make mine so there is no peload....

COPO 572

Dragway Regular
Mar 23, 2004
Morrisville, NC 27560
Either they changed the directions, or you misinterpreted them.

I have the HR bar. From what I remember, you only want to preload the passenger side (lengthen the link) if the car tries to shoot to the right on launch. And even in that circumstance you give it less than one turn of preload. There is no way the car should sit uneven with that bar.

Hook up the drivers side of the bar. Then adjust the down link for the passenger side till the bolt slides right through the center of it. You are done. Now you need to try launching at the track and see if it wants any preload.

It really is that simple. Let me know if you need any more help. I'll pull out my instructions and go over it with you.

Good luck,
Randy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts