BOP 403 in g-body

A

Anonymous

A friend has a 403 out of a 79 t/a just sittin around. Not that its a good idea, but its free. It would be going into an 81 GMC Caballero. Does anyone know what it would take to put it in? which frame/motor mounts?
Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

I would think that you would just get all the parts from a 307 powered cutlass. If I remember right all olds motors are identical on the outside.

BTW them 403's arent very powerful.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
You just need some Oldsmobile frame stands and motor mounts, and a trans that bolts up to the engine.

In stock form the 403 is pretty weak, but it can be made to run very well.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the info, i know its not a great motor to put in, but its got to be better then the V6 that hardly runs.

extremeracing

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2003
Kansas City
I bought a elcamino a while back for parts and it had a 403 in it and it ran really well considering the tall gear it had in it. You will be much happier with it than the v6 and you cant beat free!

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i used to have a t/a with a 403. i think a 6 cyl would have been about the same power wise and got me better gas mileage! it would hardly spin the tires even if i brake torqued it. i went to my local engine builder to up the ponies a bit and the cost was crazy compared to just buying a 350 and dropping it in instead. this was about 7-8 years ago though.

A

Anonymous

im a olds guy for sure, for daily driving, get yourself a a rv style cam, one that you can use with the stock convertor, duel plane intake, 600-650 carb, advance timming till it pings and back it up alittle. you will like the engine fine the next 100,000 miles.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts