Brake application issue since installing c-clip elim's

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
So last winter I installed a set of Moser C-clip elims on 7.5" and ever since I have installed them I cannot get my drum brakes to apply at what I would consider anywhere near enough. On the jackstands it will barley even hold at idle. Any ideas on what this may be causing this issue??? I have them set up so that there is so much drag that I can barley turn the wheels.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Re: Brake application issue

Is it bled out? Sounds like air in the lines still...

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada

StreetBu said:
Is it bled out? Sounds like air in the lines still...

No I have bled and re bled and then re bled again, then to boot I got my buddy to come buy to check to make sure that I am not delusional and missing air and he said that the fluid looks perfect but cannot figure out the application issue. This all started when I went to the C-clip Elims, my brakes worked fine before now they barely do. Could it be that I have to machine the top of the c-clip elims to add additional clearance for the spreader bar? ](*,)
Any ideas are appreciated, wouldn't mind getting to the track next weeked if my foot heals up enough to wrap a throttle pedal. [-o<

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY

If something is hitting on the brake shoes or hardware, then that will def cause issues...Kinda hard to diagnose that without seeing it though. Sorry I couldnt help more....

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada

I should also mention everyting is brand new other than the spring on the spreader bar and the oblong shoe holder above the wheel cylinder, new shoes new drums new adjuster and harware kit and new spreader bars

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
bump

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
Removed the E-brake assy and it works just awesome even without adjusting the shoes yet, I believe that the spreader bar was binding against the c-clip eliminator, as well i noticed that the stud above the wheel cylinder that the shoes rest against was out by 90 degrees I dont know if that affects the opperation but I rotated it back to where it is supposed to be

Thanks for the input guys

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
curt377x said:
Do you have to run the spreader bar when you take out the E-brake?

i didnt, going to go to four wheel disc this winter after the season, brakes still arent the best but I do need a parking brake

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts