brand new Alt, pully, and billet bracket kit still sqeeling!

monte87LS

Weekend Racer
Jan 29, 2008
Marlton,NJ
Ok so I got a brand new 140 amp police package alt, replaced the pully, and upgraded to Summits billet alt bracket kit and she still sqeeling sometimes even smoking belts and throwing them off!!!...What else can I do at this point besides surp conversion?...I hear nothing but bad things about Vbelt setups but my last motor had no issues "was about 100HP less though",,,my new motor is 345HP,,, how many of you guys like your Vbelt setups?...Could my hermonic balancer need to be pushed in more?...I replaced all the gaskets on the motor before install could the hermonic balancer need to go on further I pushed that thing on as far as I could I didnt wanna damage anything beating on it anymore than I thought she could handle...options?

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Re: brand new Alt, pully, and billet bracket kit still sqeel

I have no problems with my v-belt. I use a top cog belt to reduce any belt twisting. And your balancer will only go on so far, if things are not lining up you may need to shim your pulleys.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Re: brand new Alt, pully, and billet bracket kit still sqeel

Which belt is smoking? If its the alternator the bearings may be bad. NEVER hit a harmonic dampener with anything!! Use the proper installer...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!