camaro rearend swap?

cammed up v6

Daily Driver
Apr 4, 2011
the other day i was at my local j-yard and seen an 80s maybe early 90s camaro and noticed it had rear disc brakes and that it had coil springs just like my malibu and i was just wondering if i could swap my rearend for that one?

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
They Aren't an exact swap, but those disc brakes should work on your rear, that's a 1LE option on the camaro. They aren't very common

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
If I remember right the spring pockets are in different spots, and a 3rd gen camaro doesn't have a 4 link rear like a g body, they use a Panhard rod system

cammed up v6

Daily Driver
Apr 4, 2011
okay i might swing by the j-yard and take a few measurments just to check worts comes to worst i can still use the disc brakes and sell what i dont use

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
And honestly is a pointless swap with the mods needing to be done, they are almost as weak as the g body rears. Strip the brakes off of that rear and pick up a Monte SS rear if you don't mind having a 7.5. They will have either a 3.42 or 3.73 when optioned with limited slip

cammed up v6

Daily Driver
Apr 4, 2011
now that you mentioned it there was a smashed up monty ss next to it lol i might be better off snaggen that rearend you think?

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Bolt in swap, good gears, might no be limited slip, was an option

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts