carbs a little rich

Redline396

Amateur Racer
Oct 21, 2008
clifton, nj
i am having issues with my holley 870 street avenger carb...no matter what i do it runs rich at idle and at cruise speeds.......i am looking to send it to the carb shop in santa anna,ca.....their talking about blue printing my carb and claim it will be like a diferent car when i get it back......heard some good things about them...hase any one here used the carb shop before?and if so....how did it help you....thanks

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
I hope this helps, my dad sent his carb to the carb rebuilders in Toronto, Canada. They did a wonderful job cleaning it and it worked flawlessly when he put it on. Didn't even need to adjust it at all.

dhearn

Daily Driver
Jul 11, 2009
sounds like the power valve is bad, unless you have already changed it. I would try that first. Also look up the procedure for drilling out the hole a little in the secondary butterflies. I had the same prob with a 750 and that did the job. When i say drill i mean very little just go up one bit size and then test. if you go to much at first you cant go back.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
You almost never need to drill the butterflies unless you have a REALLY wild cam & need to idle at about 2500 RPM. LOL Adjust the secondary idle speed up instead.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts