comp ratio and flycutting question!

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
So im putting together a lq4 stock rotating assembly and a set of ls1 heads shaved to 58cc.Its also going to have a cam similar to the ms4 in it. I . need to know how much i need to flycut the pistons and what the compression ratio will be roughly.Its going to be assembled with stock lq4 head gaskets and pistons and rods.Any info would be appreciated.Thanks!

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Does anyone have any idea on how deep i can flycut a set of lq4 pistons.Ive heard like 110 intake and like 80 or 90 exhaust,just looking for some comfirmation.thanks

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Ok so how bout a cam i can run without flycutting pistons.The heads are the lingenfelter ported 241s they used to sell.They are cut to i think 59cc.I am planning on running these for a while till i go to the 317s and a turbo.So i dont want to flycut the pistons because its just gonna make them weaker on boost.Everyone keeps telling me ls6 cam but i want a little more cam than that.Im thinking like a torquer v2 or something similar.Whatcha think.Any opinions welcomed.Thanks.

labelblack68

Weekend Racer
Nov 28, 2010
myrtle beach, sc
if your going to do turbo the ls6 cam is a good choice. but like me im sure you dont want a stock idle sound. i have a predator cam 600 lift intake 610 exhaust with 241 heads and not piston to valve problem

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Cool thanks.I think im gonna try to get a torquer v2.It should work well na and with the turbo.Guess we will find out.Besides im scared if i go much smaller of a cam i might end up with it in my truck and still need a cam for the car.lol

85monte_ss

Amateur Racer
Dec 18, 2008
washington mo
i know you can run a ms3 cam and dont have to flycut and it still sounds good or if u want a really good sounding cam i have a thumper cam in my monte it sounds awesome runs good and no fly cut needed

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts