Converter suggestions ????

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Finally ordered a 2004r, Did not order a converter yet. Here's my specs. Not looking to build a wheel stander, hopeing to slip into the 12"s, but either way be mostly street driven. Not to thrilled with a lot of slippage, don't want to launch from a traffic light at six grand either. All motor, normally asprirated, no spray.
3600 + lbs (est)
406 w/10:1
278in 286ex, advertised solid roller .555/.555 (7-4 swap)
8.5" w/3.42's
27" tall tire (not sure on that, yet-ball park guess)
Any thoughts? I know 3:73's would work better with the 2004r, but this is what I have to work with. I'm not in a hurry, have not bought the heads yet.

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
if you are going to use it on the street mostly then a 3000 would probably work well I used one on a truck with a 280 .480 hydraulic and it worked well......

Chris K.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Call any GOOD converter builder and let them tell you what you need for your application and usage. A custom built converter can make all the difference in the world if you let them do their job and use their experience in selecting the proper size/stall/configuration.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
10secBu said:
Call any GOOD converter builder and let them tell you what you need for your application and usage. A custom built converter can make all the difference in the world if you let them do their job and use their experience in selecting the proper size/stall/configuration.

Ditto,
And be HONEST when they ask if you wanna' drive it, or you want to go FAST it is about $200 difference in converter and worth alot of ET, seems like a second, but not quite.

Speaking of 200R4's, where is a good place to score all the TV cable linkage, its a MUST you know?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts