Diamond back retreads

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
Has anyone heard of this company or used them? They take old tires and put the same tire compound on as d.o.t street radials. You can get them in, 40, 45, and 52 tire compounds. Im seeing if anyone has used their stuff. :?:

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Well, I've never heard of those. We have Green Diamond tires around here, but they are snow tires that are retreads and have silica in the rubber to help with winter traction. I wouldnt think the slicks would work that well. You gotta remember that slicks are designed different than street tires as far as sidewall and tread ply's. JMO

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
I understand that the design is different. The only reason im interested in these guys are that in the class im going to run this year you have to have a "hard" radial street tire such as a bfg ta radial. so if the retread still says bfg ta radial but has say the 45 compound rubber on them I will have a better chance of hooking up 550 hp on stock susp.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Gotcha, just look for a tire with the lowest UTQG rating. Even cheapy 40k mile tries usuall have around a 400 rating, anything less than that will be made out of a softer rubber.

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
StreetBu said:
Gotcha, just look for a tire with the lowest UTQG rating. Even cheapy 40k mile tries usuall have around a 400 rating, anything less than that will be made out of a softer rubber.

???? ok ull have to explain that im not up to date with tire terms. or any adreveations like that

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
It's also known as the tread wear rating. It gives a better indication as to how many miles the trie will lastunder normal driving conditions. the bigger the number, the longer it will last and usually the harder the rubber compound used to make it.

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
Oh ok i got what ur saying so the lower the # the softer the tire. Yea this car is probably going to be 98% track driven due to the need of 106 octane and the 4.56 gear.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts