Eibach springs

bhrevans

Weekend Racer
Dec 1, 2006
Amarillo, Texas
Anyone ever used the Eibach 3803-140 Pro lowering spring on a Malibu?

The reason I ask is I installed a set on my 78 the other day with not very good results. The front sets about 3/4 of an inch lower than what it did with the 31 year old ones(as I expected). The rear on the other hand set almost 1 1/2 inches below the old ride height. It looked horrible. It sat so bad it looked like it did not have a engine in it! Anyone else ever had this problem?

I had a set for the rear and put them on my wagon, then promptly removed them and put custom suspension on my call, lol. They were wayyyy too low and were spongy.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Yeah, same thing here, but different brand. Mine were from Suspension Techniques. Rear was/is too low. Actually I like where the rear sits with my 245/50/16 tires, edge of the wheel lip is even with the top of the tire, but then the front is still too high. It has about 1" to 1 1/4" gap from the edge of the fender lip to the top of the tire in the front. I'd rather change the rear springs because the fronts are such a PITA though. Not sure what I'll end up doing. Mines actaully been like for several years now, about 8 now that I think about it :shock:

I know they would, the are like trick springs. hehe. At least they worked for what you needed. I think they were the eibachs you got? silver right? I have the other lowering springs that were green, lol. Anywho, my wagon has a few hundred pounds of stereo and batteries in the back, lol.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts