Electric fuel pump setup, how to and have any pictures...

jazzbo

Frequent Racer
Jan 20, 2008
Lebanon, Tn
The Wizard said:
jazzbo said:
But if I mount it below the tank that should still be gravity fed without sumping the tank right?

Your fuel line comes out on the top of a factory tank, so no matter where you mount your pump it has to pull it up and out of the factory tank.

But its gravity, IF the lowest point of the tubing is below the level of fluid it should be self flowing even if it is out the top. Looking for some help....

blue t

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2008
birmingham alabama
I have run a electric pump for many years with the pick up in the sending unit but you need to put a check valve in it before the pump that will keep fuel in it.

jazzbo

Frequent Racer
Jan 20, 2008
Lebanon, Tn
blue t said:
I have run a electric pump for many years with the pick up in the sending unit but you need to put a check valve in it before the pump that will keep fuel in it.

Right before the pump or right out of the top of the tank? I guess closer to the the tank or the pump? And where is your pump mounted?

pmgm

Amateur Racer
Jun 2, 2007
OH
blue t said:

Can i get some info on your setup too. where is your check valve located?
Thanks

blue t

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2008
birmingham alabama
The check valve is screwed into the inlet of the pump. The pump is mounted where the stock muffler was as low as I could get it. My car was efi so I made a 1/2 tube the same depth as the stock pick. I took a 90deg bulkhead and drilled were the tube would slide inside of it and welded that. I have -10 to the check valve.
You should have from the tank check valve, filter, pump, and filter. If you are buying a new pump check out
www.fuelab.com they are brushless pump so they should with stand heat better. this is what will be going on my car.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
I have a carter self regulated 100 gph electric pump hooked in line where the little pieces of rubber goes between the tank and hard line.pump mounted in front of fuel tank .Ive street driven and raced this setup for about 7 years and it just started giving me trouble after sitting for a year and a half not running.But i had no check valves in line.Have several other friends running the same things for years and no problems on theres either.

noflex

Amateur Racer
Aug 9, 2009
joplin mo.
X2 with sbmalibu i ran a holley blue pump on a 70 chevelle , all i did was tap into the hard line in front of the rear tire . ran it this away for about 9 years no problems at all, note holley blue pumps are loud...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts