Engine Wiring problem

supreme-kustoms

Daily Driver
Jun 24, 2009
Sedalia,Mo
I cut the wiring and I didnt mark em. I Know stupid me stupid me. Here is a crude explenation of what I have going on Im not sure whats what. I know that the red wiring coming from the harness has to be hot to the starter. Is the pink the same?

And the two hot wirs going off the Alt/AC/Heater section where do they go?
The green wire goes to the starter to kick the siloniod?

Thanks Dane

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,041

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
pink is the ignition coil wire.

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
Heavy pink should be the power wire to the coil.

Heavy purple should be the starter trigger wire and goes to the "S" terminal on the starter.

There should be two red wires that had/have fusible links on the end and both merge into a single eyelet connector that connect to the big stud on the starter and feed power to the fuse panel.

There should also be another red wire to the charge lug on the alternator and a thin brown trigger wire to the alternator.

supreme-kustoms

Daily Driver
Jun 24, 2009
Sedalia,Mo
Okay so this pink wire is not pink. The wire that goes to the coil is a peach color(faded pink) So the purple wire is actually faded to pink.

I understand that the purple goes to the S post on the starter and the terminal end red wires go to the B post.

One of the red wires comes off the starter and goes to the feed the fuse panel?
And where does the other red wire go.?
Does the wire off the alt go over in to the splice and a wire coming up off the starter go to the other side of the splice?

Thanks Dane

Attachments

• IS THIS RIGHT NOW.jpg
    IS THIS RIGHT NOW.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,009

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
Whoah...I got lost. Best bet is to verify your routing with a diagram from Haynes or Chiltons...they're easy to follow-I have them on my desk for quick reference whenever I get into trouble sometimes...lol.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Everything in the 2nd pic looks alright to me... the last red wire, does it have continuity to the other red wires that go to the battery? I had an issue with that wiring down to the starter. Heat from the headers burned through the insulation on a couple wires, and it killed power to the car while I was going down the road. Instead of rewiring them back to the starter, I extended the wires over directly to the battery, away from the heat of the headers.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts