Front coil springs vs Front Coil overs

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I just picked up a set of QA1 pro coil overs for the front of my car because the price was right from a good guy. However, i've been researching now and i'm seeing that this may not be a step in the right direction right now. For those that have done it, is the weight savings and adjustability not worth the loss in stored energy? That is, if I don't have enough power, do I need the factory type springs to help with weight transfer? I have new v8 replacement springs in the front now with 2" drop spindles, the QA1's are 350lb springs. Thanks in advance.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
Just another suggestion for you. I would suggest going with a adjustable rear shock to allow the weight to transfer and once it does it will control the rebound. And keeps the tires planted. If you have any other questions leave me know and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad :D

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
Also, the car is a low 11 second car for now. Best of 11.66 so far, but changes over the past month should pick up the 60' times which is where it was lacking before. I am making these suspension changes now to work out the bugs, then on goes the fogger when I get a new block.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts