Headliner

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
This spring im going to install new headliner material on a few of my Cars. I have done this a few times, Once on my 81 Malibu with ok results. I also did my 88 Silverado last spring and its falling down in a few spots. Im using M3 General trim adhesive #08088. So heres my questions. Is this the best/stroungest adhesive I can use on the original foam board (With out it eating the foam board) ? With 3M #08088 adhesive Should I realy sook the board and material with the adhesive ? I dont want it to bleed through the material. What have you used and hows it holding up.
Thanks Doug

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
DOUG213XRJ said:
This spring im going to install new headliner material on a few of my Cars. I have done this a few times, Once on my 81 Malibu with ok results. I also did my 88 Silverado last spring and its falling down in a few spots. Im using M3 General trim adhesive #08088. So heres my questions. Is this the best/stroungest adhesive I can use on the original foam board (With out it eating the foam board) ? With 3M #08088 adhesive Should I realy sook the board and material with the adhesive ? I dont want it to bleed through the material. What have you used and hows it holding up.
Thanks Doug

If you have a aircompressor and a old quart spray gun, see if a local upholstery shop will sell you a couple of quarts of the glue they use. If they wont sell you any, you can buy a gallon of it from here http://www.yourautotrim.com/noname37.html
I tell everybody to use 3M8090 glue, it is a stronger high temp glue. Just make sure you get a even coat on both the board and the headliner material, let it tack up for the recommended time frame.

brrymnvette

Frequent Racer
Oct 18, 2004
St Louis, MO
I've used the spray can 3M stuff a bunch of times with no problems. You have to make sure your board is REALLY clean if you want the stuff to stick and not fall down. I use a wire brush on every one and scrape as much as possible.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts