Hopefully an easy fix to an electrical question...

1978_Andy_Project

Daily Driver
May 21, 2014
Alton, Illinois
Thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't sure which way was what... Looks like I could replace the whole assembly (turn signal, hazard) with one swap. I just need to get a wheel puller and do it. Thanks for helping so far, I'll post back when I get the switch swapped.

1978_Andy_Project

Daily Driver
May 21, 2014
Alton, Illinois
I'm seeing now that I need the steering wheel and lock plate puller to get at the turn signal switch... Is there any way around using the pullers? Besides a torch? Just kidding... I'll post back when I wrangle the wheel out, may have to just rent the kit. I may move on to sorting out the battery/starter/dist/ignition wiring. I wish it were still stock so I could use the diagrams here, but I may need to tap your brains again in another post.... Thanks again!!

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
You might get the lock plate off. But you can forget putting it back on with out the tool.

1978_Andy_Project

Daily Driver
May 21, 2014
Alton, Illinois
I turned the hazards off, and part of the problem is solved! Duh on my part :oops: and thanks to Ed & Tommy for setting me straight! The turn signals still won't work, so hopefully when I can rent the puller kit I can swap the turn signal switch and move on!! One more ?? about the hazards: I did not put the flasher relay in that one yet, and they still work with just the turn signal relay plugged in..?? Do I need the hazard flasher or do they use the same circuit?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Last edited by a moderator:

1978_Andy_Project

Daily Driver
May 21, 2014
Alton, Illinois
I had them backwards , just like the on/off switch... I put BOTH new relays in, took out and cleaned/replaced all the bulbs and tada, they all work like they're supposed to. The light switch needed a little massaging, but even the wipers turned on!!! Thanks for all the help, I can't believe it was something as simple as the switch being on and bulbs being dirty/blown...???? Maybe the ignition wires will be easier, I'm going to draw up something in Paint and see what you guys think. See you in the next post!!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!