Howard's Rattler camshaft ???????'s

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
IMO, all those "gives you performance sound" cams are the equivalent of Ricer parts- Wannabe posers.

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I just reread my post and I realized what a jerk I sounded like...

Tommy

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
I have not done anything with the Howards cams but I have done two with the comp thumpers. One was in a 396 SB with brodex heads and made a little over 530+ on the dyno. This was with the largest of the hyd. roller cams. The second was a stock rebuild of a vortec 880 block and heads with the smallest of the hyd. roller thumpers. Not sure on the hp mumbers but the guy loves it, odd set up for sure. 1954 Pontiac wagon with a 700-r4 and its his DD. He want me to build him a 377 stroker with the middle of the thumper cams for another project he has. If your doing a all out bracket car then get the cam for the combination you have. If you want to impress you friends and a little racing then these cams are for you. I would think the cam companies have a good handle on sound and power with these cams. If you have questions then call the company and ask them, it their job to help with your questions.

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
I definitely love the sound of the thumpr cams just wanted to know if any power gain for a daily driver on the smallest thumpr cam

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts