I need to know if

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
shifting earlyer with nos on will help ets ? Right now my setup is a glide with elec shift set at 6800 but I was wandering if any one knows if I moved the shift point down to say 6000/6300/6500 would give the nos a little more to bite into as far as the rpms.Rev limiter is set at 7200.

Thanks
David

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
bump_sign.gif

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
do you use a log book to track changes in your set-up and what et you run with those changes? start stepping back your shift rpm in small increments, like maybe 200 rpm and see if it picks up some. keep going until it falls off, then go back to the previous shift point. this will be more effective if your 60 ft times are consistent. it also gives you an excuse to make more runs, and that's alway fun!

cool

Mar 9, 2008
I would think it would depend on where the engine makes its most usable power and where the torque curve is strongest.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Thats what ill try I have read that NO2 makes the most power down low ad thats what got me thinking.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
make sure to have adequate pressure in the bottle on each run or you won't be able to compare the results. do you have a couple spare bottles and a bottle heater?

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
My car picked up a little short shifting it on the nitrous. Like Tom said, log everything in a log book, make changes in your run and then compare the differences. A playback tach is nice too so you can replay what you actually did during the run.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
I only have the one 15 pound bottle but I do have a heater .That all sounds like good advice .Thanks .
It will be at least two week before I can do any thing though I have a wedding to go to this weekend and that sucks but what can u do ?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts