Inflation of AR prices

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
so, i was waiting til after i bought my house to look for an AR, and the S&W M&P ORC is what i was looking at (gotta support a MA company)

anyways, my buddy got the last one from a local shop... MSRP is $1039, the shop is selling them for $2000!!!! i want one but not that bad!! anyone else have crazy price hikes by them???

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Go on Armslist and $2000 is not out of the question. Guys in the Twin Cities are even trying to sneak them onto Craigslist long enough to be seen until they are deleted. Had one guy asking $5000 (yes $5000) for a S&W. COME ON!!! The funny part was Craigslist kept deleting his ad so the last time he posted he claimed he had taken the rifle apart and could not figure out how to get it back together so he was telling Craiglist to not delete his post because he was selling the rifle as parts only. Sorry, if it has a serial number it is a firearm. I have a Bushmaster AR-15 20" heavy barrel target rifle I am seriously thinking of selling just because I know I could get what I paid for it + a little extra but $2000 is plain robbery. I have a M4 as well and I would keep that. Sad part is that I am afraid to sell it because I have a feeling it will be a long time until I can buy another one if at all.

Minneapolis Star and Tribune had a writeup on the AR-15 in this weeks Sunday paper. The report stated a Minnesota Cabelas store had received a shipment of 30 AR's. They were gone in one hour. Sucks.

Give it time and I think some of this hype will slow down.

It is ironic and sad that a tragedy like Sandy Hook happens and business for the manufacturer of the rifle (Bushmaster) has never been better. The govt is scaring people in buying up everything they can get their hands on.

DonM

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
the worst part is, everything is sold out. companies can mass produce more rifles for other states, so why bother making MA compliant ones? heard a shipment is coming in within a few days, and i happen to have the next 3 off, so i may go check them out.

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I've sold 100's of AR's over the years and it is crazy everwhere. I can't keep them in stock most of what I've been getting are sold before the hit the shelf. I do know where a new RRA with a Harris bipod, quad rail, YHM flip up front sight, ARM rear flip up sight and YHM scope mount is for $1600 if your intrested I can get you some pics.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
kevind said:
I've sold 100's of AR's over the years and it is crazy everwhere. I can't keep them in stock most of what I've been getting are sold before the hit the shelf. I do know where a new RRA with a Harris bipod, quad rail, YHM flip up front sight, ARM rear flip up sight and YHM scope mount is for $1600 if your intrested I can get you some pics.

what caliber and is it MA compliant?? looking for an AR as close to the A2 or the A4 i carried in the Marines.

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
MISFITmalibu63 said:
kevind said:

what caliber and is it MA compliant?? looking for an AR as close to the A2 or the A4 i carried in the Marines.

Out of curiousity what does it need to be to be MA compliant?

DonM

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
fixed stock (or pinned collapsable), no bayonet lug, no flash suppressor, and no high capacity mags... it also says no grenade launchers :roflback:

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
MISFITmalibu63 said:
fixed stock (or pinned collapsable), no bayonet lug, no flash suppressor, and no high capacity mags... it also says no grenade launchers :roflback:

I purchased my first AR back in 2003. The Assault Weapons ban was in place at that time. I think what people fail to realize if they reinstate the ban as it was before you WILL STILL be able to purchase AR-15's. They will just be configured as you mentioned. The AR I bought at that time is a Bushmaster AR-15 with the full stock, 20" heavy barrel, fixed carry handle, no bayonet lug, and no flash suppressor. It came with a 10 round mag. If you are interested I could send you pics. I have two AR's and barely have time to shoot either. Last time I went shooting was X-mas of 2011.

I have a Harris Bi-pod on it and a Bushnell Firefly 4-9X scope on it. Thing will shoot dime to quarter size groups at 50 yards (LOL, I have never fired it outside, only at he local indoor range.)

DonM

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Dont complain. You could live in NY like me. I wanted to buy an AR and looked at different brands for months. Then I thought it was a lot of cash for another toy especially since my son would want to shoot it every time we went out so I knew I would have to buy two. So...I waited. In the mean time I bought two GSG522s to play with. The guns look bad and theyre super cheap to shoot. Now all of a sudden Cuomo puts his new gun ban into play. Now it looks like I'll never own an AR. AND we had to have NY compliant ARs all along ! NY sucks..

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
I'm not even looking for a whole one....I had two complete rifles and then ordered 2 more lowers the day before elections....one was for my son for xmas and the other I wanted to build a dedicated .22 gun out of. I bought everything to finish my lower out and even bought two black dog .22 mags for it and then decided to wait until after the first of the year when I had a better idea about taxes......mistake......

there's a 6 month backorder on a CMMG 20" .22 upper ](*,)

I went ahead and put a lower parts kit minus fire control group (have one) on backorder for my son....might see that in a month or two, I refuse to pay stupid prices

I actually thought about selling off the 25 windowed pmags I have since I paid around $10 each for them, but the minute I sell them something will happen and I won't be able to replace them.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!