jegs star wheels vs summit star wheels.....

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
Just wonder what the difference is between the 2 brands (jegs and summit) or if there is a difference and which one is better.
Do any of you guys run these particular rims? if so what size do you have, or what size do you wish you would have got instead?
I am thinking a 15x7 front and 15x8 rear. BUT i'm not sure for either one on the offset...
OR what about a 15x4 front, is that to small for a street car?
Thanks guys!!!

Betcha618

Frequent Racer
Sep 19, 2007
coram, NY
Elky said:
Just wonder what the difference is between the 2 brands (jegs and summit) or if there is a difference and which one is better.
Do any of you guys run these particular rims? if so what size do you have, or what size do you wish you would have got instead?
I am thinking a 15x7 front and 15x8 rear. BUT i'm not sure for either one on the offset...
OR what about a 15x4 front, is that to small for a street car?
Thanks guys!!!
I have 15X3.5 in the front and its my everyday car. you can't beat the look.
47a4a5c5.jpg

as far as the summit or Jegs, i have no idea which are better, but the Weld ProStars are def. lighter than both.

highrpms

Amateur Racer
Aug 20, 2007
Springfield,Mo
I use to run a 15x4 with a 165 metric radial and never had any problems (on my Camaro I use to have) but if you have power steering its really easy to turn so once you have them mounted go around the block and get use to it (its not bad but different ... you get use to it)

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
It's all lighting and the addition of a sticker on the center cap. They're the same wheel made by the same company (Prime??).

Betcha618

Frequent Racer
Sep 19, 2007
coram, NY
highrpms said:
I use to run a 15x4 with a 165 metric radial and never had any problems (on my Camaro I use to have) but if you have power steering its really easy to turn so once you have them mounted go around the block and get use to it (its not bad but different ... you get use to it)

I HAVE THe 165 metric radial on the 3.5's too.

highrpms

Amateur Racer
Aug 20, 2007
Springfield,Mo
I liked them, cost me like $30 each brand new and never had any problems of them rolling off the rim or anything and they looked good on that size of a wheel (I wanted some MT for the front but didnt have the cash and so those had to do!)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts