Just installed trick springs have a few questions

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Keep in mind, trick springs are supposed to help weight transfer by storing energy. When you cut a coil spring you increase the rate. You cut quite a bit, so you may find the car doesn't launch any better with the new springs. It may even be worse...

Tommy

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
I have an aluminum headed sbc with tubular upper/lowers, core support, glass bumper & hood,and a/c delete. When I went thru the whole "trick spring" thing I called moroso and asked them what to do since I had similar issues with the front being to high. They said not to cut off any more than 1 coil becuz as LS6tommy said-it changes the spring rate. You'll never guess what they told me next to achieve the ride height I wanted....put coil overs in it or put more weight back in the front end!!! I couldn't believe they said that! And with that, I went to the local parts store and got my moog v6 non/ac stock springs. They are constant rate, not variable like the "trick springs". I Wacked a 1/2 coil off to achieve desired ride height and they have Been in there for yrs with no sagging. I think those "trick springs" are over rated! Just my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,233

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts