ls1/6speed swaps

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I was wondering if anybody has done the swap from a ls1 t56 swap? I need info on pedals and everthing you can give me.Is this swap vey hard? I have a complete car that i can buy for the donor so what all would i need? the car is a 2000 ss camaro. Thanks for all the info!!!

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
http://www.montecarloss.com/ls1montecarloss/index.html

Thats John B's car, and I believe that there are about 10-15 others who have done the swap over there. I did the 6.0 and the 4l80 swap so I can't be of total help to you, but you may want to talk to site sponsor BRPhotrods about thier kit

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I was asking because i can buy a complete kit out of a 2002 ss camaro 66,000 miles. He will let me have everything is gonna take for $2,500 dollars.Is that a good deal?
Thanks David

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
Yes, extremely, make sure you get as much as you can, orignal wiring harness, pedals if allotted, as much hydro stuff as you can, electric fans if he'l letcha take em too. I'd get what you can because the price is good, but make sure your budget can take everything else your going to need, look at that list on mie and you'll see alot of stuff you'll probably need, including the rewiring of the harness to remove the VATS extra 02 sensors ect. Talk with jesse @ www.wait4meperformance.com or you can ask around on here or ls1tech.com to see whos done it themselves and how hard it is.

Good luck

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I should have an extra $1,500 dollars to do the rest of the stuff i need.Do you think that would be enough?

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
As long as there is nothing wrong with the donor motor or transmission you should make it. Depends on how much you get out of the donor car... You will be needing a new rear end shortly after you do much playing around with the ls1 so keep that in mind as well!

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
If your going to do it yourself here are a few things you'll absolutely need--

Crossmember--iceman--200ish
transdapt motor mounts--85ish summit racing
driveshaft redone---175ish
fuel pump (summit) 165ish
Sending unit for FI--180 shipped from gbodyparts.com
fuel lines--75 bucks local parts store
lokar throttle cable 50 bucks summitracing

There are bound to be other little odds and ends, but you get the drift, the little nickel and dime things will come into play, so be prepaired. Again, you need help let me/us know

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
I have bought the motor and trans. The motor and trans has 50,086 miles and i gave $2,500 dollars for it all.Would i need the pedal assembly for anything?The motor is from a 2002 ss camaro.Do i have to do the oil pan swap or will the one on it work? If anybody could give me a swap list of things i need or tell me where to get them i would appericate.Thanks David

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
What do i do for the pedal assembly, do i take the f-body ones or try to ones from a g-body?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts