LS1 brakes with Summit Legend 5-spokes?

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
The wheels are basically a "knock off" of TTII's, Coys, and Foose's classic 5-spoke wheel. I really like them and I'm wondering if anyone has a set of these with LS1 brakes. I know the TTII's have problems with the LS1 brakes so I want to know before I order a set of wheels, if they will cause any problems if and when I upgrade the front brakes.

Thanks

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
I know the stock LS1 rotors and calipers have some issues with anything smaller than a 16'' wheel. Anyone that has an F-body and 15'' welds up front have to grind the Hell out of the calipers to make them fit right without rubbing.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Yeah I've heard the same. Also heard that TTII's in a 16" wheel won't clear either. I guess really I should of just searched on LS1 tech lol

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
As long as you don't mind grind on the calipers some, you should be able to get 16''s to fit. The cars came factory with 16''s, so aftermarket wheels should be pretty close. The only kind of LSx style calipers that won't take anything smaller than a 17'' or bigger is C5/C6 corvette breaks I believe.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts