ls2 bug

A

Anonymous

ok so i've decided to go with 6.0 build this winter for my regal...i want to run a carb and 350 turbo trans now i've been trying to find as much info as i can but would like to know what heads are the best....are the ls2's 2005 up the best or does it not matter oh wait are the 2006's the most desired one's?now i know the 350 turbo will work but what about a stall will mine work or do i have to buy a new one...........and maybe a cam suggestion looking for anywere between 5-600hp thanks oh one more thing my buddy owns a bone yard so i'm pretty sure he can get me a motor fairly cheep so do you think this can be done for under 3 g's i'll be doing all the work myself

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
i would imagine it can be done under 3k. Here's my price list for my lsx swap.

Motor-$350
carb intake/controller-$500 (bought used)
Cam-TR220-114 -$200 (again, bought used)
motor mounts-$50 (used)
converter with ls1 pilot-$400 shipped
or you can just get a flexplate spacer for around $40.
Swap headers-$200

a set of l92's can be had for like $400 brand new for GM, which is just awesome LOL.

Thats just about it. obviously all the little stuff creeps up on you like gaskets for the cam swap, head gaskets ect. but im sure you are aware of that stuff. Yours will be a little different but it cant be to far off.

For the money, you can build a 6.0 that flat out cranks for not very much money. My 5.3 was cheap and it has 70k on it, 6.0's were more but i got mine through a friend who works at a bone yard so you oughta be able to get a good deal as well.

A

Anonymous

cool thanks for the info yea i think i'll do the spacer thing just got my 4000 converter like 2 month's ago so don't want to buy a new one lol.........i called my buddy today and he said he has a 6.0 out of a gmc denaly[spelling]for 350 but it loses oil pressure when it gets hot so i'll have to check into that one or wait for another

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
most HD trucks with a 6.0 have the spacer on already. If you do the l92 heads youll want arp rod bolts and a timing chain. My brother did this and it wants to pull to 7500 easy.

A

Anonymous

455_82malibu said:
most HD trucks with a 6.0 have the spacer on already. If you do the l92 heads youll want arp rod bolts and a timing chain. My brother did this and it wants to pull to 7500 easy.
thanks for the info i was thinking if i get the motor cheep i'm going to go ahead and and put some forged rod/s and pistons in then i should be good to go

boostinmalibu

Dragway Regular
Sep 13, 2005
joplin missouri
youll have to do some sort of machine work if you plan on putting forged pistons in it, the factory are hypereutectic and have have a different clearance that wont work with a forged piston

A

Anonymous

do you think the stock pistons will be fine with no power adder

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
stockers are not hyper, just the escalade motors. Stock pistions are good to around 550 Hp

Dont forget the L92 heads use a different intake then what you get in the MSD-edelbrock kit, also you need 8 GM offset rockers arms.

A

Anonymous

455_82malibu said:
stockers are not hyper, just the escalade motors. Stock pistions are good to around 550 Hp

Dont forget the L92 heads use a different intake then what you get in the MSD-edelbrock kit, also you need 8 GM offset rockers arms.
sorry for being a pain but what is wrong with the stock rockers

T5MalibuWagon

Dragway Regular
Sep 27, 2004
Fort Worthless TEXAS!
455_82malibu said:

Whats the differce in the l92 intake and stock? So is there a carb intake that will work with l92's.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts