Malibu Racing LIVES!

XFAdmin

Administrator
Jan 31, 2020
ohhhh yeahhhh

GP403 here in the root admin account...

Alright so the conversion is more or less done. The styling still needs a metric crapton of work to get it as "dark" as the old site was, but it'll get there. Please please please let me know if you find stuff that doesn't work like you think it should. I know there are a lot of things yet to get set up, so this is still in a very "Basic" state aTM.

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
OK! This looks a little better. Still have work to do, but yeah. Some other stuff I did during the conversion:

• Reinstated moderators from before the conversion, BUT only if they were on the site in the last year. No point otherwise.
  • E-mail should be going thru AWS again. Still need to set up the templates properly.
  • Installed the media gallery addin for XF. Post up your pix nao
TODO:
  • verify forum visibility/permissions
  • set up media gallery and import all the "visitor rides" photos.
  • Lots more addins to install for added functionality.
  • More I can't think of ATM
Stay tuned

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
YEAH. I put all 510(!) "Visitor Rides" photos in the media gallery. Didn't label them or anything but the filenames should give them away. Probably best that names aren't easily attached to them anyway.

Created a test account and it looks like stuff is working. Still working out a few kinks with permissions so if you find the site's not letting you do something it should... PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! so I can fix it!

Still have a bit of tweaking to do with the colors/theme, but it's not priority. I think for now its about 93.5% good. Please LMK what you find broken or have any questions at all about the new software.

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
Also going thru and finding all the completely broken links that are in the posts. like a javascript got attached to them at some point and then half of it was removed leaving the other half. If you see a link that is broken with an "onclick" behind it, that's what I'm trying to track down and fix.

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
Just noticed, too, that the whole "onclick... return false etc." thing is going on for links in people's signatures also. If I see them I will fix them, but you might check yours to be sure. No idea what caused that. Ima look in the old site and see if they were like that or if it was an artifact from the conversion (I hope not!) nope they were in the phpBB site too.

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
after doing a couple hundred hand edits on those broken links I finally got fed up and did it the proper way (regex/PCRE) and as far as I can tell its gone. (yay) ... of course now I have no way of knowing if the links actually got fixed so keep your eyes out for broken or un "lit" links.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!