Maliburacing gallery (Post your car)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Frequent Racer
Sep 11, 2010
SOUTH GATE,CA
junk racing said:
heres some of mine, just installed trz front and rear bumpers and going blowthrough turbo setup at the moment will post new pics when its done.

trz1.jpg

NICE FRONT END!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FRONT BUMPER WITH THE LOWER AIR DAM?

Tinbender 66

Daily Driver
Aug 21, 2012
This butternut yellow one I sold around 2004.Wish I still had it. Mild 350, TH350. Old tubular fromt arms from Suspension Techniques, Bell Tech rear springs.
Rallyes, 15x8 w/265-50,s, 15x7 w/225-60's. Drove it every day for about 7 years.

DSCF0025-vi_zpsd30110c8.jpg

I got involved with a '66 Nova after that, lost interest, sold it and scored another G body.

They gray one (factory color, Vapor Gray) is my new project. No motor or trans yet. Exhaust was done already.
It has no rust anywhere which is a big plus for me haha. It's as clean underneath as it is on top

DSCN0643_zps32936d04.jpg

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Tinbender 66 said:
This butternut yellow one I sold around 2004.Wish I still had it. Mild 350, TH350. Old tubular fromt arms from Suspension Techniques, Bell Tech rear springs.
Rallyes, 15x8 w/265-50,s, 15x7 w/225-60's. Drove it every day for about 7 years.

DSCF0025-vi_zpsd30110c8.jpg

I got involved with a '66 Nova after that, lost interest, sold it and scored another G body.

They gray one (factory color, Vapor Gray) is my new project. No motor or trans yet. Exhaust was done already.
It has no rust anywhere which is a big plus for me haha. It's as clean underneath as it is on top

DSCN0643_zps32936d04.jpg

THAT SECOND BU IN THE VAPOR GREY, IS SICK LOOKIN!!!!!!! THATS A KEEPER!!!!!

mybu78

Dragway Regular
Nov 26, 2011
westminster,md 21157
Got anymore pics of the gray one,looks pretty sharp.nice Bu's

mybu78

Dragway Regular
Nov 26, 2011
westminster,md 21157
Man it looks like someone stole your engine and front seats,did you notice that also,LOL :lol: ,So what was in there when you bought it?, What are your plans for the engine and interior?what rear axle are you going to install? keep us posted about your progress, Nice car man.

Tinbender 66

Daily Driver
Aug 21, 2012
mybu78 said:
Man it looks like someone stole your engine and front seats,did you notice that also,LOL :lol: ,So what was in there when you bought it?, What are your plans for the engine and interior?what rear axle are you going to install? keep us posted about your progress, Nice car man.

There were some Ford Explorer buckets in it when I got it. I'm gonna try and find a stock bench seat for it and do it to match the rest of the interior. I've got the carpet out now and the floors look great except for some surface rust in the low spots.

The car had no motor or trans when I got it. Small block for sure and a manual trans.Probably a Muncie since I have one laying around. I'll save my pennies for a Tremec a little later on. I'm looking for about the same HP as your car (nice car btw).

Rear end? I'm intrigued by the 8.8 and the Baseline stuff. There's one in a local bone yard that I can get for $85. It's a Trac-loc but the gears are 2.73's. So, it would need gears, Ranger axles, brakes, rebuild the Trac-loc etc. Adds up. You can buy one complete w/3.73, tracloc, 31 spline axles etc. brand new for $1300 from Ford racing. Or a 9" from QP for about two grand. I dunno.

I'm just takin' it apart right now, cleaning, painting etc. until after the first of the year when I can start dumpin' money into it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts